December 30th, 2022
2022 was an epic year for Atlanta Motorsports Park with the company celebrating its 10 year anniversary as well as a host of other milestones. From major facility upgrades to the advent of an exciting new era at AMP which saw 45 condo owners receive the keys to their property, 2022 witnessed many wins and achievements:
AMP celebrated its 10th birthday, marking a ‘Decade in the Driver’s Seat’ with a high octane party for more than 300 people, featuring on track rides, contests of speed, live DJ and fireworks as well as special guest, Governor Brian Kemp.
45 new condo owners received their keys and have begun customizing their dream trackside residence. The paddocks are buzzing with contractors as members build out their new car garages and entertainment spaces. New pictures of finished units coming early 2023!
- 45 Units Closed on in Phase 1 & 2
- Phase 3 Sold Out (12x units)
- Phase 4 located inside Turn 14 Announced
- Phase 4 “Building A – 13 Units” On-Sale Now!
AMP was selected as one of three tracks in the USA to stage a Lotus Driving Experience. We also launched a variety of other services.
- Lotus Driving Experience showcasing the Evora GT was fully sold out throughout 2022
- DriveStrong Teen program launched new advanced programs and branched out into the community with some new high school partnerships.
- AMP Kart Racing announced a new partnership with BirelART Karting to become an exclusive supplier of BirelART karts. It also partnered with PSL Karting to help successful drivers in the AMP Karting Series reach the national level.
- Plans for a new on site cafe, Fuel Kitchen, are completed. A new burger bar and corporate catering business will launch in 2023 to coincide with condo owners occupying their properties.
Several new infrastructure projects were completed, including a $300,000 fiber infrastructure installation to bring individual gig speed internet to every building, garage and condo owner.
- 250+ New Gig internet hook ups for all Condo and Garage Tenants.
- Large flag poles with American Flags installed at Entrance, Water Tower and Anna Hill
- Fresh rumble strips and run-off painting
- Resealed all paddocks and painted fresh lines.
Atlanta Motorsports Park completed a total overhaul of its skid pad. The new configuration allows for full “figure 8” maneuvers to be performed, aiding drivers in learning to control their vehicle in tight turns where the back end tends to drift. The renovated skidpad boasts a state-of-the-art Evertz Hydrotechnik sprinkler system, imported directly from Germany. The sprinkler system in combination with the concrete surface and overall design of the facility serve to simulate the most-treacherous driving conditions drivers may encounter.
- New Expanded Downhill Surface (Figure-8)
- New Lower Sprinkler System and High Flow Upper Gate Pumps
- Replaced Epoxy Asphalt Surface with Polished Concrete
Our brand and marketing reach grew in 2022. We had over 15+ content creators contribute to our website, social media and news blog as well as our highest year ever for online social interaction.
- 10 Different Announcers including Formula D announcer #DustinMotors and longtime NASCAR Atlanta and Lanier Motor speedway announcer Charles Head
- Added Instant Replay and FPV Drone Coverage
- Relaunched AMP News Website and hired part time staff writer
- Over 100,000+ Live Broadcast Views and 250+ Days worth of content watched.
- Hosted YouTube star WhistlinDiesel to drive his $250,000 G-Wagon at full speed on our track in order to drive home an important message: if you’re serious about speed, you need to get serious about racing. The video, in partnership with Dawson County Sheriff’s office went viral in a good cause achieving more than 50 million views
The kart racing series expanded to be one of the largest regional series in the country. Improvements were made to both the track and karting center in 2022.
- New flooring, wall graphics, and safety briefing area at kart track
- New start grid lights and current MPH sign to increase racing quality and professionalism
- 10’ fencing and concrete polls added to high drop off areas
- New scoring loop and timing System
- Cleared and leveled land by retention pond to build a small oval track and expand parking.
- New parking lines and reserved space on race day