2020 Kart Racing Schedule and Updates
Hello AMP Kart Racers,
Thank you very much for your support of the AMP Kart Championship Series. In an effort to improve the series for our racers we have made some changes to our registration structure, based on industry standards and models used by other successful kart tracks and race series. Our goal with this years races is to increase attendance, reduce last minute registrations, and reduce racer/staff stress the morning of each race. We have found that by having a scaling pricing strategy it requires more people to plan and commit, rewarding those who are committed to running no matter what. Historically we have found that a majority of racers wait to register until the last minute waiting to see if others register at the last minute, a practice which causes several problems for logistics and operations.
To incentivize racers, we are offering a way to minimize their cost by entering early. The later the entry, the more the cost. We have made a conscious effort to set the timing of these tiers as close to the event as we can, being aware that many racers who aren’t competing for the overall championship take weather into account when deciding whether or not to race on a given weekend. Please note that we would have had to increase entry fees across the board in order to cover increases in our own costs, which is a normal practice for any business.
We know some racers will have conflicts, so to help we will offer two “grace” options. If you need to cancel last minute we will waive the fee of a future race date, or if you register late we will let you pay the early bird price. You can only use one of these two options once per calendar year.
Another addition this year will be a track announcer calling play by play and racer interviews over our FM broadcast station 88.7. This will be simulcasted over the building speakers.
– Registration Pricing –
Entry fees for the AMP Kart Championship Series will be on a tiered system as outlined below.
- All registrations for the March 7th Race are at the Early Registration rate. Tiered pricing will begin for the April 18th Race.
Timing of Pricing Tiers for 2020:
- Early Registration – More than 5 days in advance of Race Day
- ie. Ends Sunday at 11.59pm the weekend before Race Day
- Pre-Registration – Within 5 days until 1 day prior to Race Day
- ie. Monday through Thursday at 11.59pm the week of Race Day
- Late Registration – The day before and the day of Race Day
- ie. Friday the day before and Race Day
- Extra Class – Registering for an additional class at any time frame
- Early Registration – $60
- Pre-Registration – $75
- Late Registration – $90
- Extra Class – $50
- Early Registration – $80
- Pre-Registration – $95
- Late Registration – $110
- Extra Class – $50
- Early Registration – $120
- Pre-Registration – $135
- Late Registration – $150
- Transponder Rental $20 – Bring your Drivers License to the Karting Centre Front Desk to collect your transponder.
- Pit passes $10 per person, children under 6 years of age are free. Dawson County Residents that show ID are $8 per person.
- Chik-Fil-A lunch is available for purchase via pre-order in advance of Race Day. * Lunch is not available for pre-order for registrations the day before and the day of the race due to ordering timeline requirements *
** Races will be run RAIN or SHINE **
** Registration Fees are not refundable **
** We will allow one grace application of the fee paid towards another race for cancellation, within that calendar year only **
** We will also allow one grace opportunity to waive the late Registration Fee, one time per year **
– 2020 Classes –
Comer Kid Kart
Dates for Key Changes to 2020 Rule Set:
– New MG Tire Specs will take effect for the April Race
– LO206 updated spark plug rule takes effect 3/31/20
– LO206 updated clutch rule takes effect 5/5/20
– 2020 Race Dates –
Saturday 7th March
Saturday 18th April
Saturday 9th May
Saturday 6th June
Saturday 25th July
Saturday 15th August
Saturday 26th September
Saturday 24th October