Member Update 10-26-12
Just a few things to update you on:
- The MOONSHINE FESTIVAL is in Dawsonville this weekend. The streets in and around the square will be closed, including 53 and 9. They will reroute you around the city. An alternative that may work for some of you is as follows:
- 400N to Hwy 369 – turn left
- Follow 369West all the way through to Cherokee County. You will pass the Vulcan Rock Quarry on your left. The next right will be Yellow River Rd. Make a right (is the way to Big Canoe)
- You will go several miles to Shiloh Church Rd and take a right. There will be signs for Chrystal Falls Homes and Golf and a gun club at the corner.
- Follow Shiloh Church all the way through the 4 way stop and onto an end a Hwy 53. Make a right.
- You are now coming in Hwy53East. Duck Thurmond will be several miles on the left. Look for a River Rafting sign on the right and then a yellow traffic direction sideways “T” sign. That will let you know that Duck Thurmond is the next left.
- TRACK/FACILITY UPDATES:
- The F1 lighting system and CCTV for the track are going in now and should be complete next week. This truly is leading edge for tracks and we will be at the forefront in sophistication and technical capabilities.
- The septic system was installed this week and will be up and running next week.
- The new set of garages are basically complete and ready to be occupied. The bathrooms/showers on the end units will be ready in a week or so.
- Paving and more GAB are going down this week and next.
- We do now require that your helmets meet Snell safety standards. Stop by Balanced Performance or MTI to get your inspection and sticker. They will be looking for that sticker at pit out, along with your tech inspection stickers.
- I have never seen so many people have such a great time in an 8 minute ride. The rental racing karts are a huge success and even guys who have attitude of “I’m just doing it for her” look when they get there are laughing and high fiving and getting in line for more rides by the time they finish the first one. If you haven’t given it a try do it the next time you’re at the track. The rental racing karts are open Fridays 3-6 and Saturday and Sunday 11-5.
- The racing school is getting underway as are the race weekends. If you have been at the track over the last few weeks you have probably seen some of our Karting Members hitting the main kart track. The camaraderie and competitiveness is awesome to watch. We have quite a few members who have now ordered their new karts and a lot who are just trying to decide what to buy. Jim Fry and Bret Spaude can both help you with that. And stop by Bret’s shop at TSRacing to look at what the choices are and talk to him about the best fit for you. I promise you will have one of the times of your life on the kart track.
- Bring out your friends, or a group from your office for a little R&R on the kart track. And it is a great way to show appreciation to your staff and/or customer base to do a private track rental for the afternoon. Definitely makes you leave your suit in the car and become a kid for the afternoon. Best stress relief in town!!
- We have several ideas for the upcoming member socials. Dates and details will be forthcoming, but here is some food for thought:
- BIG WHEEL RACE – and yes I do mean adults and kids alike. Not sure when yet but that will be a fun one.
- CHRISTMAS NIGHT OF LIGHTS – Decorate your garage, your car, a tent, anything. And you can go Griswold Christmas or Biltmore Holidays. Use your imagination. We will have crafts for the kids and desserts, hot drinks, and a little music and fun. I’ll let you know the date in the next week or so.
- TURKEY LAUNCH!! - yes, all you gear heads, engineers, mechanics, doctors, lawyers, etc. and car lovers need to figure out how to launch a frozen turkey USING MANPOWER ALONE!! No explosives, gas, electric, air compessors (Jason)!! This will be Saturday November 24th about 4:30 or 5. We will have snacks and drinks following. Only members and their families can participate, but friends are welcome to watch. So start planning now for how to launch your turkey further than anyone else. We will have prizes for the winners and just a whole lot of fun.
That is it for now. As always we appreciate each one of you and your support of AMP. Anything we help with or suggestions you have for future events please let me know.