Member Update 10-10-12
Subject: AMP Karting Member Update
Dear AMP karting member,
Saturday, October 13th is our first karting event. We encourage you to join us for this first
meeting and be part of ‘ground zero’ of the AMP kart track. We will open the full track at
9:00 AM and run until 12 noon in practice groups according to age, speed and experience
as required. In addition to our corner workers we will have Bret Spaude (current GRAND-AM
driver and former karting champion), my son Lance (7 time WKA Natl. Point Champion) and
me (50 yr. karting vet) roaming the track offering up our observations for improvements in
your racing line, passing skills and braking technique.
During our lunch hour break we will have a “town hall meeting” to discuss your thoughts, ideas
and recommendations on the track and we will share our ideas for the 2013 season. After lunch
we will continue running the ‘B’ track. Finally later in the afternoon we will practice gridding,
pace laps, and green flag starts to get you ready for the racing season. The course will close at
Our November event (11/10) will include a special guest with more info to come.
Also listed below is a questionnaire we would appreciate if you would take a few minutes to fill
out and return to us via e-mail. This will give us a better idea of your wants and needs from the
new AMP kart track.
1. How long have you been karting?
2. Are you waiting to drive AMP karting track for your first karting experience?
3. Do you own your kart? List types
4. Does your kart run now or need repair before use?
5. Have you driven at AMP since opening? If not, why?
6. When are you next going to get on the AMP kart track?
7. Are you looking to practice in the near future?
8. Are you more interested in practicing than racing monthly?
9. Are you looking forward to monthly race events?
10. What can we do better or other thoughts/comments?
Please call or e-mail me with questions.
GM Kart Track
(aspiring to be the best kart track in the world!)