Member Update 01-30-13
I trust the new year is starting out with promise for each of you and your families. We are looking forward to 2013
being a great year for our members at AMP. Couple of changes and updates.
- SCHEDULE – moved Wednesday 1/30 to Thursday 1/31. The weather forecast for tomorrow is abysmal so we
wanted to give you the opportunity to come on out on Thursday. And as we try to work through the weather and
temperature issues through the winter months we are looking at ways to give our members a little flexibility with
their schedules. With that in mind we have opened up this Saturday, 2/2, to all member levels. And just as an FYI
– I will drop an e-mail to everyone whenever the schedule changes. And you can always call me with questions
about the schedule.
- TIME ATTACK – We will call this our first of the series. It was on Sunday the 20th of January. The momentum
is building!! Here are the tops in each class (as it stands right now!):
Class - SUR Christian Bollrath (1:30.040)
TT1 Reese Cox (1:25.882)
TT2 Matt Isbell (1:26.500)
TT3 Neil Shillingford (1:38.824, daily driver sedan with a passenger!)
And here are a couple of quotes from our members about their experience with the first of the series:
I appreciate your efforts in getting the AMP time trials off to a winning start. Our beloved Falcons
hosting the NFC playoff game affected turnout, which is a first for them to draw a bigger crowd.
Despite the Falcons we experienced beautiful weather and had plenty of very fast cars on hand for
the event. I think this will be great fun for the members moving forward and only get better with
time. The sessions went smooth and all timing was accurate. I really appreciate the AMP team for
striving to provide their members with the best in what any private motorsports club can offer.
I had the thrill of participating in AMP’s first Member Time Trial event this last weekend. Having
participated in NASA’s Time Trial events both regionally in the Southeast and Nationally, I am
looking forward to both the excitement and challenge that AMP’s Time Trial events will offer. While
members are competing directly against the clock, indirectly we are also challenging ourselves
and our fellow members to see which car and/or driver is the fastest on any given day. I hope that
other members will come on out in upcoming months to check out this new opportunity to meet
other drivers, test their skills and cars, and then see who might win the friendly “braggin’ rights”
for the next month.
Our next TIME ATTACK is set for Saturday February 23rd. Be sure you register with Trip (email@example.com)
or Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org) and start securing your place on that awesome podium sitting in
front of the race tower. You know we have medals and just might come up with a trophy or two!!
- EVENTS SCHEDULED THIS YEAR – You should all be very proud of being members of a club that is now
becoming sought after by manufacturers and film crews, as well as many well known car clubs throughout the
country, and now crossing over into European opportunities. Slated already this year are events for the following:
- A new reality show set to air in March has already filmed an “outing” on the autocross/kart track. I will
let you know when that will air.
- CNN – filmed a documentary type program last week profiling various hobbies and activities in and
around the Atlanta area. I will let you know when it is accessible on their website.
- MOTORTREND/FORD – consumer exercises to be filmed during a week with Ford and competitor cars
in multiple road course activities.
- PORSCHE WORLD ROAD SHOW – will be with us in fall for several days. Details to follow.
- PORSCHE CARS NA – Multiple dates for employee/dealer training throughout 2013.
- DYSON RACING – Will be out multiple days this year with the Catarum for testing and demos. They
forwarded the following comment after their visit earlier this month:
From the guys pumping gas, the team dragging cars out of sand traps to the people in the
control tower and so on, we feel a level of welcome that I personally haven’t found at any
other facility that we have visited in the past 12 months. AMP has quickly become a place
that we want to become a lot more involved in.
- ANOTHER GERMAN COMPANY – We will be hosting another program in the fall that I will release
details on as soon as we complete details.
- COX ENTERPRISES – has already scheduled a corporate event for one of their groups on the
- TURNER BROADCASTING – same as with COX.
- ACCENTURE – We created a custom day for one of their sales teams that included karting and MX5
race cars with instructors. And they showed up in a FUR BUS!! Talk about fun.
- MULTIPLE OTHER COMPANIES – We have at least a dozen on tap for the upcoming couple of months
for corporate outings and are working through logistics and details.
And of course we have many DE days already booked for this year. We thought it was important that you
know the reputation your Club is getting in the automotive world. Our commitment is still, and always will
be, to our Members. These events are carefully considered as to their impact on you. I hope you see this
as a positive in being able to talk about your Club with this type of prestige and demand throughout the world.
- OTHER STUFF
- All garages in both completed buildings are leased and we are taking deposits on the next planned set
to be built on the street side of the newest building. First payment doesn’t start until you move in.
- We are considering starting the karting garages. They will be 12’x12’ with track side renting for $200/mth
and backside $175/mth. Ping us if interested and we can quickly determine building schedule.
- Our plan is to build the permanent Club House this year. If all goes well we will start this summer.
Included will be a pool and play area for families.
- Along with all this comes paving of the paddock area. As soon as we determine the building plans
for the Club House that will drive our paving time line.
- We also plan to clear and pave the skid pad and have it ready for activity early Spring.
- SERVICES OFFERED
- BUTLER TIRE – They will give a discount to our Members. One of our Members used the service in
Acworth a couple of weeks ago and feedback was excellent on both pricing and service.
- We store and swap out your tires
- Race and regular gas on site
- Kart storage and maintenance
- Kart and car instruction privately or in groups
- Car maintenance
- Corporate events in karts/cars for team building/client appreciation/recognition
- TS is offering $1000 off if you purchase a kart from them in the next 3 weeks!!
- Don’t want monthly/daily fees on karting??? $5000 one time now and you are set for life with no
fees/dues (2nd membership $3000).
- Don’t want monthly invoices and charges for garage rental??? Prepay 24mths and we will knock off 8%.
- Discounted track rental for members on weekdays.
Any of these areas of interest to you, just let me know and I will provide contacts and details.
Have a great week!!